Think your job application Resume is good enough for applying to law school- think again. Here are some differences to keep in mind…..
1. Academic Resume starts with “Educational Background”. Employment Resume starts with “Professional Background”.
2. Academic Resume wants to see your honors received, not just your gpa.
3. Academic Resume wants to see extracurricular activities you participated in during undergrad.
4. Academic Resume wants you to state the lawyer like duties and responsibilities you did as bullets and succinctly.
5. Photo not important to academic Resume.
6. See what your school application says, often times you may be allowed 2 or more pages or no specified limit on pages, employment application wants you to keep it to one page.
For more tips on writing your Resume, Personal Statement and Addendum, along with suggested formats, and actual samples. check out my book and other information at lawadmissionsconsultant.com